Thursday 21 September 2017

Week 2 First Evaluation of the Carousel

1. Evidence of me taking part: (Pictures, Diary entries, Printouts ETC) U1.1.2


The complete sheet of my drawings. 






2. Write up your experience of the following...
    2a Discuss any research that you carried out in these sessions: U2.1.1,


    Now list Primary and Secondary sources U2.2.1

    Primary: We had to test out drawing with both a pencil and a pen. From there we had to choose which one to use. 

    Secondary: We also looked at past student artwork to see what they would've drawing had used that to inspire our own sketches and drawings. 




    2b Discuss any skills that you have tried: U2.1.1

    We tried multiple artistic skills such as drawing with a broad tipped pen and then applying water with a brush in order to cause it to bleed. All our drawings were still life drawings (drawing from something real) which in of itself is a skill. Another skill I tried was using two different pens to draw the jaw bone. I used a blue and red biro to create this. 



    The result of bleeding the ink (highlighter added)


    2c Discuss any processes and methods you used (Photography wet process, Screen Printing, Photoshop layering etc): U1.1.1


    What is your understanding of these?:

    Processes
    The two main processes I practiced was: drawing still life and mono-printing.

    Methods
    I used a variety of methods in order to draw still life. For instance one method was drawing was using two different pencils held together to draw one drawing and other was using a highlighter to bring out the lines. The method I used to mono-print was to put a pea-sized blob of black-oil based ink on to the glass workbench, then I used a large roller in order to spread and flatten the ink on the desk. Once the ink was evenly spread I placed a sheet of newsprint paper with a photograph of an object stuck to it. I traced the lines of the photo and eventually lifted up the paper to reveal a mono-print. 
    The roller I used to spread the ink. 
    The finished mono-print of a shell.



    2d Discuss the tools that you used (Paint, Material, Software, etc): U2 3.1

    Evaluate them 



    How effective are they?

    Some tools such as the pencils I used were highly effective in creating a basic, neat sketch, this may be due to me having experience with using them to draw. However I struggled when using the pens to draw without pencil line-art to use as a basis. It was a method almost alien to me as usually when I draw I always draw in pencil first. 
    With the mono-print I was surprised to see that it wasn't as dark as I had expected, it looked as if it was drawn with a pencil, rather than a pen.

    How could this be improved?
    With the use of pens to draw quickly, to improve I could practice a lot more and even try to use different types of pen. I never used a biro to draw whilst in art and design as I used my own fine liner.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment